On July 12th and 13th, 2022, FigBytes will be travelling to the Waldorf Beach Resort in Dana Pt, CA, US, to attend the ESG & De-Carbonizing Real Estate Forum presented by the Information Management Forum (IMN). With around 500 attendees from the real estate industry, this event will focus on the role Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) is now playing in how companies around the globe operate, and how investors invest.
In the real estate market, ESG considerations are being incorporated into every stage of the property lifecycle. Awareness is growing that the sector can have a significant positive impact on the environment, diversity and inclusion, social responsibility, and impact investment space.
Between sessions, connect with the FigBytes team in the exhibit hall. Don’t miss your chance to have a sit down with the FigBytes’ MVPs of ESG attending this year’s event:
If you’d like to schedule a 1:1 at the conference with one of our ESG experts, click here to book a meeting.
On Tuesday, July 12th, 2022, from 4:45 PM – 5:30 PM, join us for a session featuring Michelle Binczyk, “Commercial: Getting Serious About Net-Zero Goals”. This session will dive into topics such as:
- Energy-saving and net-zero as the new normal
- Cost-effective strategies to reduce energy consumption
- Pressure from investors, clients, and employees to do more
- Lenders and interest rates for ESG compliant projects
- Net-zero energy vs. net-zero carbon
- Incentives: Risk management and improving long-term financial performance
- Renewables, retrofitting and responsible ownership
- New requirements to meet energy efficiency and greenhouse gas emissions limits by 2024
What Else We’re Looking Forward to At the IMN Conference
As an event focused on ESG in real estate, there are a lot of valuable and insightful discussions on the schedule. Here are some sessions we’re looking forward to checking out at this year’s conference:
Tuesday, July 12th, 2022
Institutional Investors: Which ESG Factors are Influencing their Decisions? – 9:00 AM – 9:45 AM Pacific
- This session will discuss how regulators are pressuring asset owners and asset managers to enact more sustainability measures and why most institutional investors believe that companies that focus on ESG issues will outperform their competitors, produce better long-term returns, and reduce investment risk.
Commercial: Using ESG as a Strategic Advantage in the Hospitality Industry – 2:15 PM – 3:00 PM Pacific
- This session will dive into design standards with a lower carbon footprint, cost savings and waste reduction through a greener supply chain, diversity, equity, and inclusion with local sourcing, and using your ESG story to increase loyalty and retention for guests and staff.
Wednesday, July 13th, 2022
Exploring ESG Data and Reporting to Institutional Investors – 11:00 AM – 11:45 AM Pacific
- This session will explore tracking and reporting ESG metrics, measuring ESG impact and success, how to tell your ESG story to investors, the importance of measuring, reporting and transparency, overcoming gaps in ESG data and more.
Sustainable Finance: Using Debt Capital Markets to Fund Climate Solutions – 11:45 AM – 12:30 PM Pacific
- This session will discuss how green bonds enable capital-raising and investment for projects with environmental benefits, the use of sustainable bonds in the affordable housing space, the EU Green Bond market and more.
For more information about the conference visit the event’s webpage here.